30/11/2017 | Finding Maindee, Development & Building, Learning
For the last couple of years we have been trying to find Maindee. To be honest this is hard as the people living in this place keep on changing and there are other names which confuse the geography... like Corporation Road, Victoria and even Beechwood. Last week we went to the end of X24 bus route from Newport - to the town at the top of the valley called Blaenavon.
This article mostly centres on what we learned from Jayne Skyrme [pictured above left], who lives and works in Blaenavon. What we found were some lessons about facilitating enterprise and understanding what it means when a place has a strong sense of its own identity.
29/11/2017 | Finding Maindee, Development & Building, Library
This week we will receive quotations from contractors to carry out the first phase of works to the building. With a written proposal we will then be in a situation to enter a contract for the work; gone will be the big questions about how long the work will take and how much it will cost.
This blog is essentially a diary entry written before the big event. We explain some detail about the Arts Council of Wales' socially-engaged process which got us to this stage and some of the challenges which we have confronted - or maybe about to properly face...
23/11/2017 | Finding Maindee, New Paths, Arts, Development & Building
The November New Paths session explored creativity and asked about ways of making money. The main focus for the session was the presentation delivered by the student group making the mobile cafe, with updates on Cinema Speaks from Bernie and Fez giving us some background on how the Newport Photomarathon been shaped and delivered.
We also moved the session from the library over the road to Holbrook Studio, which was the HQ for the Newport Photomarathon and also the venue for a new creative business that Fez is developing.
Finding Maindee Blog Posts
- Finding Blaenavon & learning about Enterprise Facilitation - 30/11/2017
- Library Refresh about to get real! - 29/11/2017
- New Paths November 2017: Creative Ways of Making Money? - 23/11/2017
- Responding to Toilet Debate: 3 Questions for Localities - 10/11/2017
- Toilets, Public Space... and Social Justice? - 03/11/2017
- Update on Maindee Triangle at Livingstone Place - 19/09/2017
- Newport Photomarathon - Maindee Sat Oct 28th - 14/09/2017
- Evaluation of Finding Maindee - 04/09/2017
- NONSENSUS - 13/08/2017
- New Paths Gathering - July 2017 retrospective - 09/08/2017
- Drawing, Space and Articulation - Workshop with Stephanie Roberts 10th August - 26/07/2017
- Introducing KHBT to Maindee Triangle - 19/07/2017
- Maindee library is having a make over. Maggie and Kim need your input. - 11/07/2017
- Selecting Creative Practitioners for Llyfrgell Maindee Library + - 18/05/2017
- May New Paths - Focus on the Library - 14/05/2017
- New Paths 4th Gathering: Evaluating the Arts - 18/04/2017
- Countdown to Creative Practitioner Project - 07/04/2017
- March New Paths Gathering & Looking Forward to April - 01/04/2017
- Sounds of Maindee - New Project - 23/03/2017
- Finding Maindee in Financial Terms - 23/03/2017
- Huw Meredydd Owen writes about his Maindee experience - 13/03/2017
- Evaluating Art and Culture? - 07/03/2017
- What happened to the Maindee Map Room? - 28/02/2017
- Theatre for Change - one month in - 28/02/2017
- Second New Paths Gathering - 14/02/2017