18/01/2019 | Finding Maindee, Community
The green spaces in Maindee have always been a priority for Finding Maindee.
This blog post shares the journey of a group of volunteers who are refreshing a previously neglected, grassy knowle on the corner of Corporation Road and Wharf Road, that they have named, St Mary's Community Garden.
28/09/2018 | Finding Maindee, New Paths, Arts, Community
Last chance to apply for our Refreshing Maindee fund.
16/08/2018 | Finding Maindee, Arts, Community
A few weeks ago, Maindee Unlimited invited applications for a Sound Artist, or Artists, to produce a new art installation for the newly refurbished Maindee Library building, with the commissioned work to be situated and made in response to aspects of the social and cultural ecology of Maindee.
Beyond this remit, the brief was open, and our plans for the outcome equally so.
This blog post will detail the choices and decisions we made to appoint a Sound Artist.
Finding Maindee Blog Posts
- Sounds of Maindee - New Project - 23/03/2017
- Finding Maindee in Financial Terms - 23/03/2017
- Huw Meredydd Owen writes about his Maindee experience - 13/03/2017
- Evaluating Art and Culture? - 07/03/2017
- What happened to the Maindee Map Room? - 28/02/2017
- Theatre for Change - one month in - 28/02/2017
- Second New Paths Gathering - 14/02/2017
- Introducing Theatre for Change - 10/02/2017
- Looking forward at Maindee Library - 05/02/2017
- Synergies and Opportunities for Opera in Maindee - 27/01/2017
- Making the arts more inclusive - learning from Sherman 5 - 23/01/2017
- New Paths Gathering (Part 2) - 19/01/2017
- Successful First New Paths Gathering (Part 1) - 15/01/2017
- (Re)making Maindee Library - 07/01/2017
- Art and place making in Stokes Croft, Bristol: be brave and think long term - 17/12/2016
- Reflections on Blaenau Gwent Arts Gathering - the 'Social Contract.’ - 13/12/2016
- Community Opera Project starts in Maindee Dec 10th - 08/12/2016
- Looking back at Inviting the Neighbours Around to Paint - 01/12/2016
- Introducing our Trustees: Dave Moses - 21/11/2016
- Open now - exhibition of Maindee Festival Posters - 12/11/2016
- Day 4 - Artists offering opportunities [and permission] to explore - 27/10/2016
- Day 3 – An experience as rich and layered as the boards themselves - 26/10/2016
- Day 2 - People occupying the space [and starting to like it] - 25/10/2016
- Great Fun Day 1 of Inviting the Neighbours - 24/10/2016
- Maindee Stories Opens this Friday, 21st 5-8.30pm - 18/10/2016