Making a Home in Maindee
05/05/2016 | Finding Maindee, Arts, Maindee Voices, CommunityJo Haycock, documentary photographer will be finding out how people make their homes in Maindee. She will be exploring some questions around personal, social and geographical choices they made to live in the area.
"I got off a plane with two suitcases and my daughter, after living abroad for 20 years and back to Maindee. Nothing was where it used to be." Jayne, Fairoak Avenue.
Jo Haycock, documentary photographer will be finding out how people make their homes in Maindee. She will be exploring some questions around personal, social and geographical choices they made to live in the area. This photographic project aims to show some of the stories through the eyes of the local community.
By spending time over the summer months with Ian Morgan of Leonard D Morgan Estate Agents, Jo will get to share a part of his unique and historical knowledge of the area. This will open up conversations and journeys of the people that have moved in and out of Maindee over the several decades his family-run business has been here on the high street.
The project will start by encouraging you to bring your photographs and stories of your homes that you have made, into the Library to share on a large map of Maindee. Keep a lookout on our Facebook page for the launch date.
- Festival 2021 - April news - 29/04/2021
- Maindee Triangle - 13/04/2021
- Festival 2021 - March news - 16/03/2021
- Maindee Triangle - 14/02/2021
- Greening Maindee - 14/02/2021
- Greening Maindee - 05/02/2021
- Square Knitters - 30/01/2021
- Greening Maindee - 24/01/2021
- Maindee Triangle - What is coming to the Triangle - 13/01/2021
- Vacancy “Food For Life” Community Engagement Officer - 12/02/2020