Maindee Stories – The Fabric Of Our Lives
10/05/2016 | Finding Maindee, Arts, Community, LearningMaindee Stories – The Fabric Of Our Lives is a creative project involving many people from diverse backgrounds to produce a large textile artwork.
by Marion Cheung
Maindee Stories – The Fabric Of Our Lives is a creative project involving many people from diverse backgrounds to produce a large textile artwork.
Exploring themes of identity, aspects of local history, regeneration and discovering what connects people to a particular place are ideas running throughout. In addition to this, fragments of individual stories about life in Maindee will be represented using a variety of hand crafted techniques.
Through a series of workshops, which are being led by visiting professional artists and makers there will be many opportunities to learn from each other, build new friendships as well as have time to experiment along the way.
This project aims to enthuse participants to make textile crafts regularly within a group setting after the project has finished as well as keep in contact with new friends and neighbours that we will meet during the project.
We meet every Thursday, 1pm – 3pm at Community House, Eton Road – the group is called ‘Coffee & Laughs.’
There will be opportunities to get involved throughout the summer at Maindee Library and Community House. Dates to be confirmed.
If you would like to take part and especially if you have embroidery/sewing skills contact email@example.com.
- Festival 2021 - April news - 29/04/2021
- Maindee Triangle - 13/04/2021
- Festival 2021 - March news - 16/03/2021
- Maindee Triangle - 14/02/2021
- Greening Maindee - 14/02/2021
- Greening Maindee - 05/02/2021
- Square Knitters - 30/01/2021
- Greening Maindee - 24/01/2021
- Maindee Triangle - What is coming to the Triangle - 13/01/2021
- Vacancy “Food For Life” Community Engagement Officer - 12/02/2020