Finding inspiration in the Peace Garden
15/06/2016 | Finding Maindee, New Paths, Arts, Community, Learning
This session was led by illustrator Catherine Cains. She spent the morning making sample ideas to make up the borders of our textile artwork.
We gathered flowers and leaves from the Peace Garden which adjoins our meeting room. We arranged and glued them down onto pieces of card the same size as our border.
Afterwards, Cath scanned these in to give us plenty of ideas to work from. This is how we've managed to create unique designs that aren't influenced by anywhere or anyone else. Sometimes the starting point is there - right in front of you (or not very far away at least!)
Cath has an online Etsy shop, selling her illustrations and she also works to commission. Also, last week saw the launch of Maindee Unlimited's new website. Take a look at all the exciting things that are taking place over summer.
|Back in the studio, drawing ideas out|
Catherine Cains Etsy shop
- Festival 2021 - April news - 29/04/2021
- Maindee Triangle - 13/04/2021
- Festival 2021 - March news - 16/03/2021
- Maindee Triangle - 14/02/2021
- Greening Maindee - 14/02/2021
- Greening Maindee - 05/02/2021
- Square Knitters - 30/01/2021
- Greening Maindee - 24/01/2021
- Maindee Triangle - What is coming to the Triangle - 13/01/2021
- Vacancy “Food For Life” Community Engagement Officer - 12/02/2020