The Fabric Of Our Lives workshop
07/06/2016 | Finding Maindee, Arts, Community, Learning
In this session we covered a lot today, from scanning photos and fabrics for image transfers to learning s…me more embroidery techniques
In this session we covered a lot today, from scanning photos and fabrics for image transfers to learning some more embroidery techniques, block printing onto calico, looking at some appliqué inspiration and finally transferring our designs of typical Maindee houses onto cotton ready for sewing! Afterwards I had to lie down in a very dark room.
It's not difficult, trust me!
We're learning how to put a small round mirror onto fabric. This was tricky...
Careful Susan, not to get a sore shoulder!
Block printing templates with acrylic paint ready for stitching on top.
Fatima's learning a lot from Sandra
Rachel brought in a table cloth hand sewn by a family member. It was gorgeous! Circa 1950s.
A hive of activity!
Sandra sprays the calico down onto felt with some special fabric glue.
- Festival 2021 - April news - 29/04/2021
- Maindee Triangle - 13/04/2021
- Festival 2021 - March news - 16/03/2021
- Maindee Triangle - 14/02/2021
- Greening Maindee - 14/02/2021
- Greening Maindee - 05/02/2021
- Square Knitters - 30/01/2021
- Greening Maindee - 24/01/2021
- Maindee Triangle - What is coming to the Triangle - 13/01/2021
- Vacancy “Food For Life” Community Engagement Officer - 12/02/2020