23/11/2017 | Finding Maindee, New Paths, Arts, Development & Building
The November New Paths session explored creativity and asked about ways of making money. The main focus for the session was the presentation delivered by the student group making the mobile cafe, with updates on Cinema Speaks from Bernie and Fez giving us some background on how the Newport Photomarathon been shaped and delivered.
We also moved the session from the library over the road to Holbrook Studio, which was the HQ for the Newport Photomarathon and also the venue for a new creative business that Fez is developing.
26/10/2017 | New Paths, Arts, Community
Last week Maindee Unlimited made the final award from the New Paths Fund. Community House Eton Road will be running a project to create a mural which represents the diverse group of cultures who live - and have lived - in the Maindee area.
The project idea was devised by Brian Selby [pictured below sitting at the table] and comes at the right time as it taps into the stories which have been uncovered by the 1,000 Voices project.
Marilyn Priday [pictured above second from left] said that: "Community House is delighted and grateful to have the last grant from Maindee New Paths."
This blog article gives some information about this latest project and gives some background on what has happened through New Paths since it was set up in 2015.
19/09/2017 | Finding Maindee, New Paths, Arts, Development & Building
Since the summer of 2017 architects and artists KHBT have been working on design proposals for the triangle-shaped land at the junction of Chepstow Road and Livingstone Place. In July they made a first visit and then came again the present initial proposals to the New Paths Gathering in August. Since then views and ideas have been sought; there have been changes to the design and we now have more detailed proposals and a hand-made scale model in the library [see below].
New Paths Blog Posts
- New Paths November 2017: Creative Ways of Making Money? - 23/11/2017
- Final New Paths Grant Awarded - 26/10/2017
- Update on Maindee Triangle at Livingstone Place - 19/09/2017
- Newport Photomarathon - Maindee Sat Oct 28th - 14/09/2017
- NONSENSUS - 13/08/2017
- New Paths Gathering - July 2017 retrospective - 09/08/2017
- NONSENSUS - 10/07/2017
- How Maindee's Community will shape Art & Architecture in the Library - 10/07/2017
- May New Paths - Focus on the Library - 14/05/2017
- March New Paths Gathering & Looking Forward to April - 01/04/2017
- Help MAP to save 'The Nylon' - 26/03/2017
- Sounds of Maindee - New Project - 23/03/2017
- Theatre for Change - one month in - 28/02/2017
- Second New Paths Gathering - 14/02/2017
- Introducing Theatre for Change - 10/02/2017
- Exploring activism through photography - 08/02/2017
- New Paths Gathering (Part 2) - 19/01/2017
- Successful First New Paths Gathering (Part 1) - 15/01/2017
- Photography and Activism - 04/01/2017
- Maindee Stories Opens this Friday, 21st 5-8.30pm - 18/10/2016
- Sounds Alive in Maindee Library - 10/10/2016
- From Summer Hill to Fair Oaks - 04/10/2016
- Street Media update: 'ExtChange' and new projects - 19/09/2016
- Maindee Photographic Survey - 02/09/2016
- Celebrating Maindee Mosaics on September 15 - 31/08/2016