Tricia Takes Over!
27/10/2017 | Development & Building, Community, Library
From November 2017 Tricia Rogers will be in charge of the rota which organises the library volunteers. She will follow Kim Lambert who has given her time to do the work for the past two years.
Typically there are about 20 different people who volunteer at the library each week and roughly 6 different volunteer shifts every day. This blog article gives a little background on how Tricia got involved and what she gets from being involved in the library...
How Tricia get involed and now loves coming here
Tricia originally came to us in January 2017 from employment support agency Working Links. Tricia was only due to spend 8 weeks here but enjoyed it so much that she has volunteered ever since. Tricia looks forward to coming to the library twice a week and has been very touched by the friends she has made here and how others have supported her. In turn Tricia helps others; for example by encouraging one widowed older lady to join the Wednesday morning Friendship Club.
In the next few years Tricia looks forward to the improvements to the building. For example, she is particularly pleased that the toilets will be more accessible; so that the public won’t have to ask for permission to go through the kitchen. Tricia feels that Maindee Unlimited are doing a brilliant thing by bringing the community together.
Volunteering at Maindee Library
Although Tricia jokingly says that she will be moving in to the library - the way things are going - we are always keen to meet new volunteers. If you would like to volunteer come into the library or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evaluation: SWOT - 16/04/2019
- Evaluation: What are we doing? - 05/04/2019
- Finding Maindee: Reflection & Evaluation - 25/03/2019
- The push and pull of place - 08/02/2019
- St Mary's Community Garden - 18/01/2019
- Maindee Library: Welcome Back/Welcome Mat - 27/11/2018
- Maindee Library: A Quiet Place? - 16/08/2018
- Maindee Library: Business As Usual - 06/08/2018
- Preparing to Re-inhabit Maindee Library - 25/05/2018
- Investing in Maindee Library’s Shelving - 18/05/2018