St Mary's Community Garden
18/01/2019 | Finding Maindee, Community
The green spaces in Maindee have always been a priority for Finding Maindee.
This blog post shares the journey of a group of volunteers who are refreshing a previously neglected, grassy knowle on the corner of Corporation Road and Wharf Road, that they have named, St Mary's Community Garden.
The group of volunteers behind Incredible Edible Maindee are also the driving force behind the transformation of green spaces around Maindee.
In the last few months, they have focussed their attention on the neglected space under the billboards by the side of the traffic lights, on the corner of Corporation Road and Wharf Road.
You may have read about their plans in the Argus back in September?
With the help of local resident and environmental aficionado, John Stone, and the financial support of People’s Health Trust and Maindee Unlimited, they are really starting to make a difference.
The group have faced their own struggles to grow in size (pun intended!), as new volunteers have proved hard to come by. In the months to come, there will be plenty of opportunities to get involved. This weekend for example...
Other activities include, learning how to create a Winter Garden and planting bulbs for Spring Garden Day in April. Check out the full details on our What’s On page.
- The push and pull of place - 08/02/2019
- St Mary's Community Garden - 18/01/2019
- Maindee Library: Welcome Back/Welcome Mat - 27/11/2018
- Refreshing Maindee: Apply Now! - 28/09/2018
- Maindee Library: A Quiet Place? - 16/08/2018
- Maindee Library: Business As Usual - 06/08/2018
- Preparing to Re-inhabit Maindee Library - 25/05/2018
- Investing in Maindee Library’s Shelving - 18/05/2018
- Maindee Library Refresh Progress 17 May - 17/05/2018
- Nonsensus – A Journey Into Being Sung - 17/05/2018