30/01/2021 | Community
Square Knitters meeting Online
Square knitters started early in the life of Maindee Library +. A small group of people interested in knitting met weekly to help and encourage each other with their own knitting projects and to socialise.
We soon started to work on some group projects including making small knee rugs for children attending outdoor classes at Magor Marsh. Further projects included Twiddle Muffs for local people suffering with dementia, Baby clothes which were sent to a hospital in Zimbabwe, Cuddle Teddies for children in the Women’s Aid Refuge, and jumpers for battery chickens who were being rehomed. Several knitting beginners including one little girl learned to knit and to improve their skills with the support of others and sound friendships have developed.
Square Knitters have been unable to get together since March 2020 due to the Covid restrictions, but every Friday morning we meet online and we also maintain telephone links.
The project for 2021 is to knit baby blankets and little knitted teddies for the Bundles Baby Clothing Bank. This local charity provides friendship, support and pre-loved baby clothes when it is needed.
For more information click here to Contact Us. You can also ring Maindee Library and leave a message and we will get back to you, telephone 01633 309443.
- Maindee Triangle - 14/02/2021
- Greening Maindee - 14/02/2021
- Greening Maindee - 05/02/2021
- Square Knitters - 30/01/2021
- Greening Maindee - 24/01/2021
- Maindee Triangle - What is coming to the Triangle - 13/01/2021
- Vacancy “Food For Life” Community Engagement Officer - 12/02/2020
- Evaluation: SWOT - 16/04/2019
- Evaluation: What are we doing? - 05/04/2019
- Finding Maindee: Reflection & Evaluation - 25/03/2019