Maindee Library: Business As Usual
06/08/2018 | Finding Maindee, Development & Building, Community
In case you haven’t already seen, heard or wandered in… we are back in Maindee Library.
The lending library is back open to the public, the children’s reading area has had a facelift and we are still host to Newport Citizen’s Advice and Open Zone’s Job Club (amongst other things).
When you come in next you will see the main changes to the area behind the reception desk with the introduction of an accessible toilet, a versatile space for meetings and a brand new kitchen.
However, our refresh is still on going. We’re waiting for a new set of windows to the front and rear of the library, plus a new roof window, and we’ll also be replenishing the chairs and tables.
Next steps: Deciding the colour of the floor coverings in the meeting room and hallway - grey or grey? A mid-grey (Frost Grey), or a lighter, blue-grey (Steel).
Ps. Thanks for having us Holbrook Studio.
- Evaluation: SWOT - 16/04/2019
- Evaluation: What are we doing? - 05/04/2019
- Finding Maindee: Reflection & Evaluation - 25/03/2019
- The push and pull of place - 08/02/2019
- St Mary's Community Garden - 18/01/2019
- Maindee Library: Welcome Back/Welcome Mat - 27/11/2018
- Maindee Library: A Quiet Place? - 16/08/2018
- Maindee Library: Business As Usual - 06/08/2018
- Preparing to Re-inhabit Maindee Library - 25/05/2018
- Investing in Maindee Library’s Shelving - 18/05/2018