18/01/2019 | Finding Maindee, Community
The green spaces in Maindee have always been a priority for Finding Maindee.
This blog post shares the journey of a group of volunteers who are refreshing a previously neglected, grassy knowle on the corner of Corporation Road and Wharf Road, that they have named, St Mary's Community Garden.
27/11/2018 | Development & Building, Community, Library
This blog post is one part of a long overdue progress report. A substantial amount of time has passed since our last update; since the library re-inhabited 79 Chepstow Road, from our temporary home at Holbrook’s, back in June.
Changes have taken place both internally and externally, and over the next few weeks I will be sharing what has been happening.
28/09/2018 | Finding Maindee, New Paths, Arts, Community
Last chance to apply for our Refreshing Maindee fund.
16/08/2018 | Finding Maindee, Arts, Community
A few weeks ago, Maindee Unlimited invited applications for a Sound Artist, or Artists, to produce a new art installation for the newly refurbished Maindee Library building, with the commissioned work to be situated and made in response to aspects of the social and cultural ecology of Maindee.
Beyond this remit, the brief was open, and our plans for the outcome equally so.
This blog post will detail the choices and decisions we made to appoint a Sound Artist.
- St Mary's Community Garden - 18/01/2019
- Maindee Library: Welcome Back/Welcome Mat - 27/11/2018
- Refreshing Maindee: Apply Now! - 28/09/2018
- Maindee Library: A Quiet Place? - 16/08/2018
- Maindee Library: Business As Usual - 06/08/2018
- Preparing to Re-inhabit Maindee Library - 25/05/2018
- Investing in Maindee Library’s Shelving - 18/05/2018
- Maindee Library Refresh Progress 17 May - 17/05/2018
- Nonsensus – A Journey Into Being Sung - 17/05/2018
- Progress for Refresh at Maindee Library - 11/05/2018